Sponsorship Application for Higher Education Assistance
$2,500.00 Yearly Maximum
Must be an enrolled member or direct decedent of a California Federally Recognized Tribe
Applications may take up to 90 days to review following the deadline date.
We will contact you once your proposal has been considered and a determination has been made.
Please prepare the following documents as you will be asked to submit them in the application:
- Proof of Tribal Enrollment or Affiliation
- Personal Statement
- Discuss your academic career, career, and personal goals
- Discuss any extenuating circumstances/ relevant information that you would like the Tribe to be aware of
- Discuss how you view your Native American heritage and its importance to you
- Discuss how you plan to give back to the Native American community after you graduate, and e) describe your on-going involvements in the Native American community.
- Essay Questions
- In your opinion, what are the most critical issues facing Tribal communities today
- How do you see yourself helping to resolve these issues
- Where do you see Native Americans in the 21st century in terms of survival, governance, and cultural preservation
- What role do you see yourself in this future?
- Academic Study Plan Form – Must be completed by an academic advisor.
- Official Transcripts – Freshman students must submit official high school transcripts or GED scores. Transferring and continuing students must submit official transcripts from each college or university previously attended.
- Signed Terms and Conditions
Letters of Recommendation - 2 letters of recommendation are required.
Letters are to be submitted separately and directly by the recommender.
Send by mail:
Attn: Sponsorship Coordinator
PO Box 487, San Jacinto, CA 92581
- OR -
Fax to 951-654-4198