Supported provided by the Soboba Band of Luiseño Indians is directed to organizations that provide Educational, Health, Economic Development, or Special Project services in San Bernardino and Riverside Counties, and to Tribal Governments and Tribal nonprofit organizations throughout the United States.
The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Organizations with current tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue code. Organizations must be able to demonstrate three years of continuous service.
- Tribal Governments and other governmental entities seeking funding exclusively for projects outlined in our Program Areas of Education, Health, Economic Development and Special Projects.
- K-12 schools/districts, colleges, and universities. A letter must be signed and submitted by the institutions governing body or executive, supporting the request for funding.
- Religious organizations that have received a 501(c)(3) designation, seeking funding for project outlines in our Program Areas of Education, Health, Economic Development, and Special Projects. Religious organizations seeking funding for religious purposes are ineligible to apply.
- To be eligible for special event support, your application must be completed and submitted before all event-related deadlines, including printing or sponsor logo deadlines. Event support is limited to organizations that operate programs within our areas of interest.
Applications are reviewed monthly. Our deadline dates for application submittals are the 1st of each month.
We encourage you to apply well before the deadline. Applications received after the 1st of the month will be reviewed the following month.
Please note that applications can take up to 30 days to review. We will contact you once your proposal has been considered and a determination has been made.
Please be aware that due to the volume of requests received, our staff is not always available to answer questions regarding your proposal status. We thank you for your patience.
At this time, the charitable giving program does not support the following:
- Programs delivering services to the general population outside San Bernardino and Riverside counties (not applicable to Tribal Government requests).
- Organizations that spend more than 25% of their operating budget on administrative overhead and fundraising costs.
- National organizations that do not deliver services in our geographic area (not applicable to national Tribal organizations).
- Organizations seeking sponsorships that do not have a current tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue code
- Third party funding or funding for redistribution to other groups.
- Religious organizations seeking funding for religious purposes. Religious organizations that received 501(c)(3) designation, seeking funding for projects outlined in our Program Areas of Education, Health, Economic Development, and Special Projects and eligible to apply.
- Beauty pageants.
While request are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, please not that requests are generally not approved to fund the total cost of a project budget.